Photos by Bianca Beck
All right y'all, here's the sitch, I kicked off the Keto diet over a month ago and I'm sharing what the heck I'm doing with it now. So, y'all know I had Bennett about 9 months ago (WOW, it's gone by QUICK), and I lost weight pretty quickly, but slowly but surely packed it back on. And I didn't really have a game plan of what to do to get rid of the weight I had gained. So, when my Dad came to KC two months ago he shared with me the success he and my step-mom have had with the Keto diet. He looked so good, felt great, and had lost about 20ish pounds without working out (!!). AND that's when my ears perked up and I actually started listening.
My dad walked me through the basics of Keto and what he eats everyday. We focused most on what you CAN EAT, so all the proteins, greens, and cheese. I was like, okay not too bad. But, then like what about sweets, I am a sugaraholic and NEED it to survive! Like, it's bad. Oh and then the pop. Before I started this diet I was going to Sonic EVERYDAY for Happy Hour and wasn't getting a small diet coke, if ya know what I mean. I knew this diet was what I needed to do, I knew Kev would be all for it (as he always loves it when I'm taking care of myself), and I knew I could rely on my Dad with any and all of my questions.
So, here's what I've been doing to keep this whole Keto-ish diet going.
1. I took a week to mental prepare for the food I was giving up/ enjoying those foods I knew I wouldn't get to have/ prepare for the new Keto lifestyle.
2. Stevia sweeteners are my lifeline. So, I was tossing about a half cup of chocolate creamer (I'm kidding, but you get the idea) in my coffee every morning. So these Stevia drops totally take the edge off.
4. I also love the calorie free/ sugar free flavors to add to water. Ya know when you just can't do another regular glass of water.
5. Lily's Chocolates from Whole Foods are delicious and literally have 1 gram of SUGAR! These definitely cut my sugar cravings! Oh and the sugar free Reese's that are horribly expensive also help with the sugar rushes too!
6. I eat eggs and bacon with sharp cheddar with Chalula like almost every morning. Like, it's so delicious!
7. Salads are my jam, but all the yummy salad dressings have so much sugar in them, I found this one at Target and was OVER THE MOON! It's so good!
8. When in doubt just order a protein and greens. And repeat.
9. I text my Dad anytime I'm about to order something, or I have ordered something to make sure it's Keto approved.
10. And I when push comes to shove, after the first three weeks, I break every now and then. But, I don't beat myself up over it, and I keep my focus back and keep the Keto diet going!
I've lost about 10 pounds and feel so much better than I did before. I'm fitting into my clothes better and truly just feel better over all! If y'all have any questions about the diet I'd love to help! I hope y'all find something that makes you feel your best!