How To Feel Yourself, When You're SO Not Feelin' Yourself
Okay y'all, so here's the deal. I've been dealing with some frustrating post - baby - weight - gain. I was warned that this would happen. Ya know, the wine glass a night, plus eating whatever, whenever I wanted thing, and not really working out, okay more like not working out at all. And here I am. Just not feelin' myself. And that feeling just blows. So, I've been talking with my husband and Dad about how I've been feeling about myself. And I wanted to share those with y'all, for accountability, and to see if you feel the same way. I also thought it'd be helpful to walk through the steps of how I got to actually feel excited about feelin' fresh again!
1. My Dad shared his experience with the Keto diet and how he lost 20+ pounds without having to work out. That caught my attention real quick, and so I'm going to start on MONDAY! AHH! Have you ever done this diet/life change before?
2. I shared my apprehension about starting this diet/life change with my husband. He's the chef in the family and I knew I'd need his support in more ways than one on this. So, we talked through the grocery list, what we would eat, and how we are both all in on this.
3. The whole ACTUALLY going to the gym thing. I go through big waves of working out. There's been times in my life I worked out 3-4 times a week and there's times (like now) where I haven't been in an embarrassing amount of time. So, I started thinking about why I wasn't going. And the first thing I thought about was Bennett, and would obviously need someone to watch him. Well wouldn't you know it, our gym has childcare, so what was my hold up? Well, I was just apprehensive, about going into the gym with Bennett, and not to work out, but to just scope out the room and people that would be with him. (He enjoys going to the nursery at our church, and know this would be pretty much the exact same experience for him.) But, I finally did it. I saw the room, met the people that will take care of him, got the low down on how scheduling works. And I feel so much better. But, I just had to work through my worries. Now, I just need to go!
4. Looking like a loser at the gym and not knowing where to start in the whole workout arena. This is also just ridiculous and I know it. So, what I've done in the past is had Kevin write out daily workout for me. Knowing that I get really bored and don't like to spend more than an hour at the gym. So, he'll usually have me do 20 - 30 minutes of cardi, and then work it out on a target area with weights and machines. And I'm excited to get my booty back into the gym and feel strong again.
5. Putting on this outfit. Truly. It is one of those outfits that just made me feel like me again. Not like mom me. I felt young and fresh and so flirty in this outfit. I didn't know that I had missed that feeling, until I put this on. And it made me realize that I want to feel like this everyday, and in order to do that, I have to loose weight.
6. I re-downloaded the My Fitness Pal app on my phone. I hate keeping track of what I eat. Like a lot. But, I know that I have to, if I want this whole thing to be successful. So, I've been keeping track for the last few days, and it's definitely helping me get in the right mind set about kicking everything off on Monday!
7. It's not just about the weight and loosing it. It's about taking care of myself for me, and my family. Having Bennett definitely gives me the motivation to live the best life. And I want to be strong and able to keep up with him too!
So, there ya go! I'm doing it! Starting on Monday! So, let me know if you've ever done the Keto diet and what you ate! How you stay motivated? And if you have any last words for me!