Town Center: Back to School
So let's face it, we all wish we were going back to school. The real world doesn't have "summer breaks" but there are plenty of "back to school-ish" items all of us can get excited about. For me it's always a peak of what fall fashions will be, maybe a new planner (or two), pens, folder files, and a new make up routine, ya know just to spruce everything up! So, today I'm sharing styling tips from celeb stylist, along with a $2,500 shopping spree with Lo VonRumpf, two stellar looks from Standard, the perfect nude lip from Sephora, stellar fall pieces from Madewell, and the best planners you need from Paper Source. It's everything that will make you wish you were going back to school, but can actually just enjoy without the classroom and homework! It's gonna be a doozy, so hold on!
When it comes to finding pieces that fit the bump and are still super relevant can be difficult. But the Standard team made it super easy! This printed midi dress I spotted as soon as I walked in the door, I knew would be so great for fall. I love the neutral colors of the fabric and how comfortable and easy it was to wear. Plus adding a plum color bag and white mules to keep the look very now, was perfect!
And can I just tell you that I was actually able to zip these leggings all the way up. Yep, I too was super shocked! But they have some great panels in the front and sides that make them comfortable for any shape. Plus, the shape of this cardigan had me swooning immediately! I couldn't get over it. The monochromatic look is forever and ever one of my favorites. Now for a few more fall looks any my favorite fall pieces and style tips from Lo VonRumpf!
1. Oversized Cardigans - *Waking-up in the morning to go back to school isn't always easy, but luckily the over sized cardigan and knit sweaters make it a little cozier to get out of bed! Pair your favorite cozy knit sweater with a pair of skinny jeans for the perfect stylish look.
2. Light Wash Jeans - *Light wash skinny jeans from the '80s made a comeback for back-to-school style! These jeans look great all year long and balance out the dark tones heading into fall.
3. Cotton Jackets - *This retro style made its comeback for back to school. It adds edginess to any outfit and looks great on both girls and guys. It's a style you can use from day to night.
4. Pretty Pastels - *Although these colors are typically worn in Spring and Summer, it's on trend to bring pastels into your wardrobe all year long. Pair a lavender sweater with charcoal grey pants. Also pale pink is the perfect back to school color to mix in with grey and black. Both guys and girls can wear it in tee shirts , polos, accessories and shoes. A pastel yellow dress with grey tights is chic and style for back to school.
5. Layered Rings and Midi Rings - *Stacking multiple rings and mixing metals is a great trend that gives your outfit an eclectic style. Collect various rings in different sizes and layer them on each hand. Guys can layer rings too in different silver and gold settings. Lucy Hale and Kelli Berglund are fans of this trend!
Now, what pieces are you excited to grab for fall! Well, I hope you've got a long list, because you have a chance to win a $2,500 shopping spree! Go enter here!
Foundation: Kat Von D | Concealer: Kat Von D | Powder: Kat Von D | Bronzer: NARS | Blush: NARS | Highlight: Becca & Bobbi Brown | Eye Shadow: Sephora | Crease: NARS | Mascara: Make Up Forever and Make Up Forever | Brows: Benefit, Benefit, Benefit, and Benefit | Lip: Hourglass
Now onto finding the perfect nude lip! Sounds incredibly difficult and intimidating, right? Well, that's exactly what I thought before I stepped into Sephora!
First of all I called Sephora and set up an appointment with Kelsey (she's the bomb!), to find the perfect nude lip. We then created a whole look around the fall trend. She started with the color IQ to find my perfect shade of foundation and nude lip. It's incredible! Have you ever had them use the color IQ, on you? It's special camera reads your skin tone and matches you with every foundation, blush, lipstick, you name it, in Sephora. Pretty fool proof right!? Exactly! So it was pretty exciting to see everything the color IQ picked for me. Kelsey grabbed a bunch of different options and swatched them and we decided to go with my the best nude, Hourglass in Nude No. 6! What do you guys think of this look? Are you ready to try the nude lip for fall? Well, if you are, go into Sephora and have them hook you up!
Now let's find you the perfect planner and pretend like we're going back to school!
When it comes to "back to school" there's nothing better than a new planner! And if you're as addicted to Paper Source as I am, then you already know how amazing their planner selection is! Plus they have tons of great pens, stickers, and washi tape to make your to-dos actually look fun! Now here's my favorite planners to make you feel like your headed back to school, just without the homework!
1. Reusable Wall Calendar - each month's design can be turned into a folder, gift box, or notecard! How amazing is that!
2. Coloring Book Calendar - This would have been my pick growing up. I literally would draw and color on everything! Just as my grandmother's pillows ;)
3. Greenery Hidden Spiral Planner - this my favorite size of planner that I like to keep on my desk and use pretty much everyday.
4. Dip Dye Weekly Spiral Planner - I love the masculine vibes of this one. Would your dude use this one?
5. Black and White Dots Weekly Spiral Planner - now this one I spotted from across the room and immediately fell in love with the black & white print with the gold details!
6. Painted Petals Undated Planner - This is a great option for the gal that doesn't like a commitment, you can use it and forget about, and then use it again. It's great!
7. Small Pool Planner - I just LOVE this color and think it's great for the gal on the go. You can throw it in any bag for all of your meetings.
8. Small Black Planner - Same thing just a different color. My Step-Dad always uses calendars like this, and I love how they remind me of him.
What's your favorite type of planner to keep you organized and able to conquer your day?
My favorite Madewell "back to school" outfit makers:
Riverside Texture Sweater | The Billie Boot | Silk Sunlight Cami Dress | Lisbon O-Ring Bucket Bag | Playlist Sunglasses | Crownstack Ring | Suede Fringe Bag Tag | The Transport Tote | Filament Stacking Rings | Washed Leather Motorcycle Jacket | The Jean Jacket | The d'Orsay Flat | Graduate Cardigan Sweater | Denim Zip Mini Skirt | 9" High-Rise Skinny Jeans: Garment-Dyed | Shapeshift Chain Bracelet | Tune Mockneck Tank Top | Biltmore Leather-Band Felt Fedora | Skinny Crop Overalls | Zip-Back Dress
I hope you guys enjoyed this post! As always thanks to Town Center for partnering with me on this post.
Be sure to follow along: