When it comes to taking family photos, the idea of them always sounds so wonderful! But, then it can quickly become overwhelming when thinking about what everyone is going to wear. So, here are my tips on how pick outfits that will show off your personalities without the stress.
1. Start with Mom - Have Mom pick out her look first. For this shoot, I started with a dress that I felt my best in. I love how loose and detailed this dress is. I then wanted to wear a patterned shoe and turquoise earrings! When Mom feels good, everyone feels good, ya know what I mean!
2. Create a color scheme - And by doing this, I don't mean that everyone should wear the same shade of one color, okay. Okay. What I do mean is pick colors that go nicely together and complement each other. Since, I started with my outfit, I think took those colors, black, browns, and blues through to the other two outfits.
3. Pick Dad's outfit - I love Kev in a good sport coat, and a button down shirt and jeans. So, I picked a shirt of his that was a lighter shade of blue to go with my earrings. And I picked out brown shoes and a brown belt to go with my leopard sandals.
4. Pick the babies outfit - I have loved this Teddy Bear sweater ever since we received it. I knew a pair of little jeans would look great with it, and a pair of gray moccasins too.
5. Lay them out together - As one last effort to make sure you'll like how all the outfits look together in photos. And edit and tweak where you need too. Like, maybe change out the jewels for a different color, add a tie for more color...You get the idea.
Photos by Laura Morsman Photography