How to Travel with a Baby
As soon as Kevin and I found out we were pregnant, we knew we wanted to travel with our little one. As most of y'all know, our family does live in OK, and we knew we'd be driving to visit them for Christmas. And we did it! B did great, so when our best friends moved to Denver, we knew we wanted to visit them! At first we talked about driving and then we quickly decided to fly! When it comes to traveling I don't really get anxious about flying. I get more anxious about the timing of leaving the house, parking, getting to our terminal in time, ya know to ensure we just get on the flight at the right time. But, with a baby, my anxiety gets all ramped up thinking about all the things we need to bring. Granted, Bennett is 8 months old now, so we don't have to bring as much as we did when he was first born.
So, here's what we packed with us for a four day trip to Denver!
2. DIAPERS - Bennett usually goes through 4-5 diapers a day. So packed 30 daytime diapers, and 5 nighttime diapers. We were told / we knew we could buy diapers once we arrived, but we just felt like taking the ones we had! And it worked out perfectly!
3. FORMULA - Bennett has been on formula for awhile and we have loved the Kirkland brand. We packed one of those canisters in Bennett's carryon.
6. BLANKET - We brought one just to lay out so he could roll around wherever he wanted too.
7. STROLLER + CAR SEAT - We checked both of these at the gate and were pleasantly surprised at how good they still looked once we got home! The car seat (as most of them) can be fastened with a seat belt, so we didn't have to bring a base.
8. PACK 'N PLAY - We used this as Bennett's crib in the hotel room. We checked this once we arrived at the airport with one large carry on.
10. SOUND MACHINE - He always sleeps so much better when this is going! And we were sure glad to use it while on vacation.
Also, we filled up his bottles once we were through security. And we brought three 8 oz. bottle with us on the plane, along with the formula. We have a little cup we keep it in when we're out and about with Bennett. We definitely recommend feeding during the take off and landing of the plane. As their little ears pop during that time. I did bring the Fawn Diaper Bag as my carryon item and loved it for this weekend!
These are the bags we packed everything in: my diaper bag, backpack for Kev, stroller + car seat, pack 'n play, 1 small suit case (I took our little suitcase, I wish we owned the ones linked), 1 large suitcase (Kevin and Bennett packed their stuff together). We checked the pack 'n play and large suitcase when we got to the airport. And the car seat + stroller we checked at the gate. We checked EVERYTHING on the way back!
Bennett was awake most of the first flight and ate most of it. He actually fell asleep with only 20 minutes left in the flight. And he ended up sleeping most of the flight back to KC!
I hope this helps anyone going on a trip with their little one! Let me know if you want to know more about our trip!