When it comes to awesome parties, Kansas City really knows how to throw them! And, Take Five is always one of my favorites, as the music, food, and drink are always incredible, and then add in a chance to win $5,000 and killer raffles, and I'm hooked. I mean I won a private tour of Arrowhead stadium and Royals tickets the first year I went. So, ya I got hooked early! Take Five always falls on the first Friday of March, so I always save the date every year! This year's event is going to be held at Studio Dan Meiners an incredible space to enjoy this event. It's one of my favorite events because the money raised through the ticket sales, raffle tickets, and the enter-to-win tickets all goes back to the Junior League of Kansas City, MO. This event means so much to me because...
1. I joined JLKCMO in 2013, just when Mr. Fore was about move to Minnesota for 18 months, for a field assignment for work. (Side note: I'd known for over 2 years that he was going to do this, so I had a lot of time to prepare for such a big adjustment). So, I knew I would have a lot more time on my hands and I had heard great things about the league in KC and decided to join with one of my besties. I joined JLKCMO because I was looking for a way to create great adult friendships (raise your hand if this has been hard for you) in KC, and was immediately drawn to the organization once I'd heard they've been involved in the Kansas City community for over 100 years (and walked in the headquarters, it was like the mothership calling me home). And in those 100 years had impacted places like Children's Mercy, CCVI, Harvesters, Union Station, and even created the shopping event of the year Holiday Mart. I knew I had to get involved!
2. After joining JLKCMO I luckily was put into the best small group of women ever! Truly, we get dinner at least once a month and we've all grown up a little bit together too. When we all joined, a few of us were married, and now we all have babies, and few on the way. It's been so incredible having these women in my life and getting to turn to them when I really need it.
3. I also joined JLKCMO to give back to the community and really get to know this city. I was placed on the Holiday Mart committee and was blown away that 50+ (very organized and driven) women put on a 4-day shopping event that pulls in about half a million dollars! Like, what is this place!?
4. With JLKCMO, every year members are given their placements, and I was put on the Holiday Mart Retail Committee. On that committee I got to see how we secured all of our 200+ amazing vendors, created the map for the event, and kept the event smooth sailing through the 4-day event. I then was asked to Co-Chair the Retail Committee in 2015, and I just Co-Chaired the Holiday Mart Marketing committee in 2016. All of these placements are tough, as they do take a lot of time, but when I think back to my first year, and all the amazing organizations that receive the dollars we raise, then it is all worth it. Plus, it's so invigorating to work on these projects and deadlines with other women that are equally as energized and passionate too. And I love every moment.
5. And lastly, this year I got so be on the Take Five committee as one of the Step-Up Co-Chairs, so next year I will get to Co-Chair the whole thing with my sweet friend Becci! I've learned so much from this year's co-chairs, Chelsea and Rory. They have an incredible passion for Junior League of Kansas City, MO and for the fundraiser Take Five. Our committee has worked tirelessly for the past 9 months to secure the best drinks, food, music, and of course raffles for this incredible event. We are finishing up the final donations for this years events and can I just tell you, they're killer. Here's a few of my favorite raffle prizes: Hollyday is donation an Obagi kit and a laser package, shopping party with The Jeweled Gypsy Truck, Chiefs tickets along with a Locale sweatshirt, a stay at The Elms, Nickel and Suede earrings, and a shopping party with Anaphora too! It's been incredible to watch this committee of 10+ women put on this event, and I just can't wait to attend this March 3rd! There are still tickets available (grab them quick as they ALWAYS sell out), you can grab your ticket here!
Take Five means so much to me because the funds we raise go back to our amazing community! As I shared on my Instagram post, this event was the very first (of many) things I had to do on my own, as Kevin has just moved to Minnesota for a 18 month site job for work. I was so nervous to go to something I was so used to doing as a couple. But, I went with my girlfriends from the league and their spouses and didn't feel alone for a second. So I'm so glad I got to share more about JLKCMO with you all today, and this amazing fundraiser Take Five!
I love getting dressed up for this event and can't wait to go with Kevin this year! I of course love getting to help my friends pick out what they'll wear too. So, today I collected a few of my favorite red dress outfits to wear to Take Five! I can't wait to see you all at this event and what you wear! Be sure to grab those tickets and use #TakeFiveKC on your photos from the event!