Holiday Hairstyling with Beauty Brands
I'm so pumped about today's post y'all! I sure love gettin' my hair blown out by somebody else and having them style it too! It's such a great service that I honestly a) need to get them more often (#selfcare) and b) wish I would have started getting them sooner! See, y'all know I've got a ton of hair, y'all know I live for dry shampoo, especially since having Bennett almost 14 months ago! So, if you're a new mama, or you're tired of your look, and aren't in need of a hair cut, but want to change things up...oh, and have the most beautiful hair ever, for DAYS! Then, I definitely think it's time to give the old blowout a try! I went to Beauty Brands in Overland Park and had them style me up. They gave me the Classic Blowout, then styled up a killer new look for the holidays, and even put all of my heavy mane up into an up-do, and at a record time too! Check out my breakdown of how each look was achieved and watch the video of my day with Beauty Brands shot by the incredibly talented August Light Studio!
As a newish mama, the idea of someone else blow drying my hair sounds like a dream and a luxury, right? I mean we don't need to get into showering, let alone the time it takes to then blow out my mane. So, I'm a fan of blowouts because they wash, condition, comb, blow dry, and style your hair for you! And the prices range depending on the stylist, but in KC they range from about $20 - $27 just depending on the stylist you use. It just depends upon the level that your stylist is, they're all great, I just wanted to clarify for y'all. Also, I love that the professional blow out last what seems like forever (and yes that's why it's worth it)! They offer three different kinds of blowouts too: The Classic (the one I received), The Super Sleek, and The Breeze. You can't go wrong with whatever one you choose. And I'm sorry in advance for you how much you're going to love these! Now onto gettin' this done for your holiday parties.
Braided Hair Style:
Once my hair was blown out, and curled we got to town on creating a fresh look for the holidays! The Beauty Brands Stylist sectioned off a 1" section at the very top of my hairline. She french braided the section of hair on the top of my head, and then continued with a classic braid. She pulled out pieces of the braid to make it appear fuller, which I love that she did that! It's makes it look so good! She tied the bottom of the braid with a clear elastic to hold it all together!
We brought back my natural part that happens to be on the left side (there far less calics than my right side of my hairline). She then loosely french braided my away from my face on the left side. And continued to pull in chunkier pieces into the braid along the back of my head. She then took the loose pieces and end pieces and pinned them up into the braid, that was pinned up too. This was really a quick style and looks so chic!
Video by AUGUST LIGHT STUDIO
Here is a full list of all the Beauty Brands goodies that created all these looks!
1. LIVING PROOF STYLE LAB TBD MULTI-TASKING STYLER $26 - Great product to ensure your blow out stays intact for as long as possible!
2. WELLA EIMI SUGAR LIFT SUGAR SPRAY $19.49 - Gives the hair volume without weighing down your hair.
3. THE WET BRUSH PRO SELECT HAIR BRUSH $14.99 - The best brush to use on wet hair (hence the name) and especially great for gals with thick hair. It detangles hair without pulling the crap out of it.
4. FHI HEAT 1900 BLACK DRYER $111.99 - It's light weight and the diffuser blows the hair out in a way that cuts frizz!
5. ROUND BRUSH (similar) $12.79 - Great to use at the root to create more lift and volume.
6. LARGE ROUND BRUSH (similar) $13.59 - Great to use at the crown of the head roots during the blowout, to create shine and volume
7. REDKEN FRIZZ DISMISS FPF 10 FLY-AWAY FIX FINISHING SHEETS $12.99 - Literally the best thing ever. It takes the static out of your hair. You and everyone you know needs this in your life.
8. BABYBLISS NANO TITANIUM PRIMA 3000 STYLING IRON $179.95 - Yep, it's a curling iron and straightener in one! Genius I know, just be careful with your finger tips!
9. AMIKA HEADSTRONG HAIRSPRAY $23.99 - Strong hold, fights against humidity, and smells real good.
10. LIVING PROOF FULL DRY VOLUME BLAST $29.00 - Just what you need to add more volume to your hair, just use it once your hair is dry.
I hope this gives you inspiration to try out some new looks at Beauty Brands, and go treat yourself to a blowout soon!
*This post was sponsored by Beauty Brands, all opinions thoughts are my own.